Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
John Sullivan (Caviezel) is a New york City homicide officer who is traumatized for 30 years following the death of his father, Frank (Quaid), After finding Frank's HAM radio, John begins talking to Frank, 30 years into the future. Together, they change the past but have to find a way to stop a serial killer from murdering John's Mom & Frank's wife with a 30 year gap.
What would you do if you could change the past?
Release Date: April 28, 2000
Runtime: 118 mins
All Genres: Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Sound: DTS, Dolby Digital, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 7.3
Brimstone Pit Rating: 8.3 - (Rate This Horror Movie)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With F
MPAA Rating: PG-13
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated PG-13 for intense violence and disturbing images.
Dennis Quaid ...Frank Sullivan
James Caviezel ...John Sullivan (as Jim Caviezel)
Shawn Doyle ...Jack Shepard
Elizabeth Mitchell ...Julia 'Jules' Sullivan
Andre Braugher ...Satch DeLeon
Noah Emmerich ...Gordo Hersch
Melissa Errico ...Samantha Thomas
Daniel Henson ...Johnny Sullivan (6 years)
Jordan Bridges ...Graham 'Gib' Gibson
Stephen Joffe ...Gordo Hersch (8 years)
Jack McCormack ...Commander Butch O'Connell
Peter MacNeill ...Butch Foster
Michael Cera ...Gordy Jr. (10 years)
Marin Hinkle ...Sissy Clark
Richard Sali ...Chuck Hayes
Nesbitt Blaisdell ...Fred Shepard
Joan Heney ...Laura Shepard
Jessica Meyer ...Teenage Runaway
Kirsten Bishop ...Carrie Reynolds (as Kirsten Bishopric)
Rocco Sisto ...Daryl Simpson
Rosemary De Angelis ...Mrs. Finelli
Dick Cavett ...Himself
Brian Greene ...Himself
Melissa Fitzgerald ...Linda Hersch
John Di Benedetto ...Con Ed Supervisor
Terry Serpico ...Con Ed Worker #1
Brian Smyj ...Con Ed Worker #2
Nicole Brier ...Stoned Teenage Girl
Brantley Bush ...young Intern
David Huband ...Lounge Bartender
» [more cast members]
Janis Rothbard Chaskin
Frequency Horror Film Trailer 1
"Crimson and Clover"
"(Love Is Like A) Heatwave"
"Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
"Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
"Son of a Preacher Man"
"On the Road Again"
More Movie Taglines:
- What would you do if you could change the past?
- What If?
- What If You Could Reach Back In Time? What If You Could Change The Past?
- What If It Changed Everything?
- The Future Is Listening
- A son's only hope to stop a murder is the father who's been dead for 30 years.
- What if you could talk to someone you love... who has been dead for 30 years?
- John Sullivan: You on the job? Jack Shepard: Long time ago. Do I know you? John Sullivan: Do I look familiar? Jack Shepard: No. What house you work? John Sullivan: 7-4 homicide. Jack Shepard: Hot shot. John Sullivan: No, just working the job. As a matter of fact, I caught a case that goes back to your day. One of the Nightingale murders. Jack Shepard: No kidding. John Sullivan: No. Missing teenager, disappeared back in '68. Found her bones last week buried out by some old diner by Dyckman Street. Mary Finelli. Yeah, talk about dumb luck. The odds of anyone finding that 30 years later and the chance of hitting a dental? Forget about it. The best part is, she's the first victim. She knew the killer, so I bet those old bones are gonna do a lot of talking. Not for nothing, the past is a funny thing. We all have skeletons in the closet, we just don't know when they're gonna pop up and bite us in the ass. Huh, Jack? You changed your MO, 'cause if they knew your mother was the Nightingale, they would have looked at the family. They would have looked at you. Jack Shepard: What are you looking at? John Sullivan: Stealing your life away. You went down 30 years ago, pal. You just don't know it yet.
John: I want you to remember this word, okay? It's kind of like a code word: Yahoo. Can you remember that?
John: Shoulda, woulda, coulda, pal.
Frank: I'm still here, Chief.
John Sullivan: You gotta be more careful, cause I can't lose you again. Not like that. Frank Sullivan: You won't John. You won't. I swear to God, no matter what. You got it? You hear me? John Sullivan: I hear you. Frank Sullivan: So how old are you? John Sullivan: I'm 36. Frank Sullivan: 36. You're all grown up. You must be married and everything. John Sullivan: No, I'm not married. Frank Sullivan: What? Too busy playing ball? John Sullivan: It didn't work out. I gave it up. Frank Sullivan: What happened? John Sullivan: I blew my arm out senior year. Didn't have a shot. Frank Sullivan: Oh, I'm sorry Johnny. I know that had to hurt. John Sullivan: Thanks. Frank Sullivan: So what did ya wind up doing? You join the department? John Sullivan: Actually I went the other way. I'm a cop. Frank Sullivan: [laughing] What? You're 3rd generation fire fighter. Come on I thought you were gonna grow out of that cop thing. John Sullivan: Well you got Satch to thank for that one. Frank Sullivan: You're kidding me huh. Satch? He was always crazy about you ever since you were born. You're still my little chief, right? John Sullivan: Yeah, I'm trying to be. I'm trying.
- On April 25, 2000, the New York Mets and Cincinnati Reds played a game wearing their 1969 uniforms to promote the film.
Director Gregory Hoblit was a co-executive producer of "Hill Street Blues" (1981). He directed the episode seen in the film that's on TV as John is calling his mother.
Dennis Quaid received 16 stitches just above his hairline after being injured in the stunt where he slides down the construction funnels during the warehouse fire.
Elizabeth Mitchell plays James Caviezel's mother. In reality, Mitchell is younger than Caviezel.
W2QYV, Frank Sullivan's Ham Radio call-sign, actually belongs to the Niagara Radio Club in Lewiston, NY
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Death, New York City, Serial Killer, Ham Radio, Firefighter ...[more]
Rating: 8.3 out of 10.0 - 61 votes cast total
BURIED HORROR MOVIE REVIEWS
Horror movies, horror movie reviews, fiction reviews, interviews, conventions, horror editorials, special features & alot more from the guys your mom warned you about.
MORTAL KOMBAT NIGHTMARES - WELCOME TO OUR WORLD
Mortal Kombat Nightmares is the premiere source for all that is Mortal Kombat. Complete coverage of the entire MK series.
SCREAM QUEEN OF THE MONTH
Featuring the hottest ladies in horror. From Scream Queens to B-movie Babes, we have them all! The Horror Hotties are here!