Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
A small desert town has been harassed for months by a gang of drag racers, but so far no one has done anything to stop them. One day, a ghostly black car shows up, challenging members of the group to race, then killing them one by one. Neither the gang nor the police can catch the car or its driver, but some investigating into the gang's past may reveal just who's behind all this.
He's not from around here.
Title: Wraith, The
Release Date: November 21, 1986
Runtime: 93 mins
All Genres: Action, Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Romance
IMDB Rating: 5.1
Brimstone Pit Rating: 6.1 - (Rate This Horror Movie)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With W
MPAA Rating: R
Charlie Sheen ...Jake Kesey / The Wraith
Nick Cassavetes ...Packard Walsh
Sherilyn Fenn ...Keri Johnson
Randy Quaid ...Sheriff Loomis
Matthew Barry ...Billy Hankins
David Sherrill ...Skank
Jamie Bozian ...Gutterboy
Clint Howard ...Rughead
Griffin O'Neal ...Oggie
Chris Nash ...Minty
Vickie Benson ...Waitress
Peder Melhuse ...Murphy
Jeffrey Sudzin ...Redd
Michael Hungerford ...Stokes
Steven Eckholdt ...George in Daytona
Elizabeth Cox ...Girl in Daytona
Richard Alexander ...Sandeval
Christopher Bradley ...Jamie Henkins
Joan H. Reynolds ...Policewoman
Clint Austin ...Guy at Zoo burger stand
Brooke Burke ...Waitress on Roller Skates
Derek K. Nielsen ...Boy at Burger Stand
J. Peter Robinson
"WHERE'S THE FIRE"
"HEARTS VS. HEADS"
"WAKE UP CALL"
"SMOKIN' IN THE BOY'S ROOM"
"ADDICTED TO LOVE"
"SCREAM OF ANGELS"
"THOSE WERE THE DAYS"
More Movie Taglines:
- He's not from around here.
- An evil force took his life... Now an unearthly power has brought him back.
- He's heaven-sent and hell on wheels!
- ...his spirit returns for revenge.
- If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear.
- He is a phantom
- a wraith.
- Sheriff Loomis: Forget it Murphy. Roadblocks can't stop somethin' that can't be stopped.
[after drinking a bottle of brake fluid] Skank: Aaagh! I'm tweakin', dude!
Packard Walsh: Skank, do me a favour will ya? Get rid of that zombie-piss you're drinkin' before it turns you into a mushroom!
[Sheriff Loomis approaches] Skank: Do you smell a cop? Gutterboy: I smell french fries, but that don't make sense!
Keri Johnson: You really think I'd go to California with you? I'd rather go to Nogales, have the Gutterboy's cretin children and die than be with you! Packard Walsh: You better shut up now, Keri, or I just might have to... Keri Johnson: Yeah, Packard, you can kill me too. Because you can never make me love you!
- The black car featured in the movie was a real-life technological wonder, the Dodge M4S. A joint effort of the Dodge Division of Chrysler Motors and PPG Industries, one of the highly sophisticated PPG Pace Cars for the PPG-CART Indy Car World Series. The M4S was designed and constructed at an estimated cost of $1.5 million, and featured performance and technology to match that lofty figure. The innovative body design was developed in the Chrysler studios, while PPG developed the finish - a special bronze pearl paint job formulated just for this car. The M4S was powered by a Chrysler 2.2-liter four-cylinder one-of-a-kind engine that exceeded 194 mph. According to 'Gary Hellerstein', transportation coordinator for this film, a total of seven versions of the M4S were needed for filming. The original, on loan from Dodge, was used for close-ups and details. Two more "drivers", consisting of perfectly detailed bodies on dune buggy chassis, were used for stunt driving chores. There were four "shells", empty bodies on bare, towable frames, that were sacrificed in various crash scenes.
While filming a chase sequence shot on a mountainside outside of Tuscon, a crew member was killed and another was critically injured.
Dedicated to the memory of Bruce Ingram, who worked on the film as an assistant cameraman.
Packard Walsh drove a late-1970s Chevrolet Corvette with a custom paint job and nose clip; Oggie drove a 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z; Minty drove a 1977 Pontiac Firebird with a highly-visible (but apparently non-functional) supercharger; Skank and Gutterboy drove a beat-up 1966 Plymouth Barracuda; Rughead was driving a late-70's Chevrolet pickup. The couple who are cheated out of their car in the first race were driving a 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z (distinguished by its' pop-up headlights, unlike the exposed headlights of Oggie's 1986 model). The police drove a variety of mid-1980's Plymouth Caravelles and Gran Furys, as well as early-1980's Chevrolet Malibus; Sheriff Loomis drove a "civilian" Plymouth Caravelle.
The Song "Never Surrender" by Lion, was used in a race sequence where one of the cars goes over the edge of a cliff thus killing the driver. The drummer of the band died in the same way when he accidentally went over the edge of a cliff racing his motorcycle.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Gang, Police, Wraith, Sheriff, Revenge ...[more]
Rating: 6.1 out of 10.0 - 72 votes cast total
BURIED HORROR MOVIE REVIEWS
Horror movies, horror movie reviews, fiction reviews, interviews, conventions, horror editorials, special features & alot more from the guys your mom warned you about.
MORTAL KOMBAT NIGHTMARES - WELCOME TO OUR WORLD
Mortal Kombat Nightmares is the premiere source for all that is Mortal Kombat. Complete coverage of the entire MK series.
SCREAM QUEEN OF THE MONTH
Featuring the hottest ladies in horror. From Scream Queens to B-movie Babes, we have them all! The Horror Hotties are here!