Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
In the near future, a computer hacker named Neo discovers that all life on Earth may be nothing more than an elaborate facade created by a malevolent cyber-intelligence, for the purpose of placating us while our life essence is "farmed" to fuel the Matrix's campaign of domination in the "real" world. He joins like-minded Rebel warriors Morpheus and Trinity in their struggle to overthrow the Matrix.
Free your mind
Title: Matrix, The
Release Date: March 31, 1999
Runtime: 136 mins
All Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Country: USA, Australia
Sound: DTS, Dolby Digital, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 8.7
Brimstone Pit Rating: 9.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With M
MPAA Rating: R
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated R for sci-fi violence and brief language.
Keanu Reeves ...Neo
Laurence Fishburne ...Morpheus
Carrie Anne Moss ...Trinity
Hugo Weaving ...Agent Smith
Gloria Foster ...Oracle
Joe Pantoliano ...Cypher
Marcus Chong ...Tank
Julian Arahanga ...Apoc
Matt Doran ...Mouse
Belinda McClory ...Switch
Anthony Ray Parker ...Dozer
Paul Goddard ...Agent Brown
Robert Taylor ...Agent Jones
David Aston ...Rhineheart
Marc Aden ...Choi (as Marc Gray)
Ada Nicodemou ...Dujour (White Rabbit Girl)
Denni Gordon ...Priestess (as Deni Gordon)
Rowan Witt ...Spoon Boy
Eleanor Witt ...Potential
Janaya Pender ...Potential
Adryn White ...Potential
Natalie Tjen ...Potential
Bill young ...Lieutenant
David O'Connor ...FedEx Man
Jeremy Ball ...Businessman
Fiona Johnson ...Woman in Red
Harry Lawrence ...Old Man
Steve Dodd ...Blind Man
Luke Quinton ...Security Guard
Lawrence Woodward ...Guard
» [more cast members]
Barrie M. Osborne
The Matrix Horror Film Trailer 1
The Matrix Horror Film Trailer 2
The Matrix Horror Film Trailer 3
The Matrix Horror Film Trailer 4
"Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Mix)"
"Leave You Far Behind (Lunatics Roller Coaster Mix)"
"Prime Audio Soup"
"Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Mix)"
"Begin the Run"
"I'm Beginning to See the Light"
"Spybreak (Short One)"
More Movie Taglines:
- Free your mind
- In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One?
- The Fight for the Future Begins
- Be Afraid Of The Future
- Believe the unbelievable
- Reality is a thing of the past.
- What is The Matrix?
- Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
- Perception: Our day-in, day-out world is real. Reality: That world is a hoax, an elaborate deception spun by all-powerful machines of artificial intelligence that control us. Whoa.
- The Future isn't user friendly...[Australian Poster]
- The Matrix has you.
- Welcome to the Real World
- Remember there is no spoon
- The Future Will Not Be User Friendly
- The World's population thinks it's real. On March 31st, they will see the "Real World".
- Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did. Neo: What is the Matrix? Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
Agent Brown: What were you doing? Agent Jones: He doesn't know.
[Neo sees a black cat walk by them, and then a similar black cat walk by them just like the first one] Neo: Whoa. Déjà vu. [Everyone freezes right in their tracks] Trinity: What did you just say? Neo: Nothing. Just had a little déjà vu. Trinity: What did you see? Cypher: What happened? Neo: A black cat went past us, and then another that looked just like it. Trinity: How much like it? Was it the same cat? Neo: It might have been. I'm not sure. Morpheus: Switch! Apoc! Neo: What is it? Trinity: A déjà vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something.
[on the war that devastated the Real World] Morpheus: We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky. At the time, they were dependent on solar power. It was believed they would be unable to survive without an energy source as abundant as the sun.
Agent Brown: Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions.
- In the combat training program before Keanu Reeves starts his furious attacks on Morpheus, he rubs his nose with his thumb and finger, a similar mannerism of Bruce Lee before he attacks on his opponents. The move was improvised by Reeves.
According to weapon provider John Bowring, guns for Keanu Reeves in the lobby sequence and the elevator sequence, were actually plastic lightweight weapons. They made a very faithful cast of MP5K, which weighs about 150-200 grams, so that Keanu could carry them quite easily without worrying about the weight. Heavy versions of the same thing were also made, if it gets dropped on the ground.
Ewan McGregor was offered, but turned down, the part of Neo to work on Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Leonardo DiCaprio was also considered for the role of Neo.
Nicolas Cage turned down the part of Neo because of family commitments.
Tom Cruise was also considered for the role of Neo.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Computer, Hacker, The Matrix, Computer Hacker, Reality ...[more]
Rating: 9.7 out of 10.0 - 72 votes cast total
BURIED HORROR MOVIE REVIEWS
Horror movies, horror movie reviews, fiction reviews, interviews, conventions, horror editorials, special features & alot more from the guys your mom warned you about.
MORTAL KOMBAT NIGHTMARES - WELCOME TO OUR WORLD
Mortal Kombat Nightmares is the premiere source for all that is Mortal Kombat. Complete coverage of the entire MK series.
SCREAM QUEEN OF THE MONTH
Featuring the hottest ladies in horror. From Scream Queens to B-movie Babes, we have them all! The Horror Hotties are here!