Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Two of the most remembered eighties slasher film icons finally clash together on the big screen in a film fans have long been awaiting. Trapped in Hell when the authorities of Springwood manage to erase all evidence of his existence (and thus the fear that gives him his power), nightmare spirit Freddy Krueger comes across the soul of the equally infamous Camp Crystal Lake mad slasher, Jason Voorhees. Taking the guise of Jason's mother, Freddy resurrects him and commands him to start terrorizing Springwood, hoping to instill enough fear that the name Freddy Krueger gets out again so that the ensuing panic makes Freddy strong enough to return a seventh time. The plan works, but Freddy soon discovers that Jason, true to his nature in the past, will not stop killing, and is taking each of his victims. Determined to retake his position as the most feared killer in Springwood, Freddy devises a plan to sedate Jason into unconsciousness in order to battle him to the death. In the meantime, a small band of survivors who learn what's happening make their own efforts to not only ensure Jason's victory, but to return him to Camp Crystal Lake.
The "Slicer"...The "Dicer"...And This Time, They're Not Any "Nicer"!
Also Known As:
A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 8
A Nightmare on Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th Part XI
Title: Freddy Vs. Jason
Release Date: August 13, 2003
Runtime: 97 mins
All Genres: Action, Horror, Thriller
Country: Canada, USA, Italy
Sound: DTS, Dolby Digital, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 5.8
Brimstone Pit Rating: 6.8 - (Rate This Horror Movie)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With F
MPAA Rating: R
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated R for pervasive strong horror violence/gore, gruesome images, sexuality, drug use and language.
Robert Englund ...Freddy Krueger
Ken Kirzinger ...Jason Voorhees
Monica Keena ...Lori Campbell
Jason Ritter ...Will Rollins
Kelly Rowland ...Kia Waterson
Chris Marquette ......
Brendan Fletcher ...Mark Davis
Katharine Isabelle ...Gibb
Lochlyn Munro ...Deputy Scott Stubbs
Kyle Labine ...Bill Freeburg
Tom Butler ...Dr. Campbell
David Kopp ...Blake
Paula Shaw ...Mrs. Pamela Voorhees (Jason's Mother)
Jesse Hutch ...Trey
Zack Ward ...Bobby Davis (Mark's Brother)
Gary Chalk ...Sheriff Williams
Brent Chapman ...Blake's Father
Spencer Stump ...young Jason Voorhees
Joelle Antonissen ...Little Girl
Alistair Abell ...Officer Goodman
Robert Shaye ...Principal Shaye (as L.E. Moko)
Chris Gauthier ...Shack
Colby Johannson ...Teammate
Kimberley Warnat ...Beer Line Girl
Kevin Hansen ...Beer Line Guy
Alex Green ...Frisell (Glowing Raver)
Odessa Munroe ...Heather
Jamie Mayo ...Dead Girl on Tree
Blake Mawson ...Dead Boy on Tree
Viv Leacock ...Kinsey Park (Male Nurse)
» [more cast members]
Sean S. Cunningham
Freddy Vs. Jason Horror Film Trailer 1
Freddy Vs. Jason Horror Film Trailer 2
Freddy Vs. Jason Horror Film Trailer 3
"How Can I Live"
"Beginning of the End"
"(We Were) Electrocute"
"Friday The 13th Jason Vocal Effects"
"Clap Your Hands Pt. 1"
More Movie Taglines:
- The "Slicer"...The "Dicer"...And This Time, They're Not Any "Nicer"!
- Freddy Vs. Jason! Place your bets!
- Winner Kills All
- Evil Will Battle Evil
- Even a killer has something to fear.
- When the son of a hundred maniacs battles an unstoppable killing machine, none will survive!
- One, two, Freddy's coming for you... three, four, Jason's at your door...
- Freddy Krueger: [to Kia] How sweet, dark meat.
Freddy Krueger: [to Lori] I've always had a thing... for the whores that lived in this house.
[after seeing Jason at the rave] Kia: Was that him? The guy you were talking about... Freddy Krueger? Lori: No, that wasn't the guy in my dream. That was somebody else. Linderman: Who cares about some fucking dream guy, Ok? That psycho in the hockey mask was real. Freeburg: Dude, that goalie was pissed about something.
Freddy Krueger: What's wrong, Lori? Miss your wake-up call?
[first lines] Freddy Krueger: [narrating] My children... from the very beginning, it was the children who gave me my power. The Springwood Slasher, that's what they called me. My reign of terror was legendary. Dozens of children would fall by my blades. Then the parents of Springwood came for me, taking justice into their own hands. When I was alive, I might have been a little naughty, but after they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began. Until they figured out a way to forget about me. To erase me completely. Being dead wasn't a problem, but being forgotten, now that's a BITCH. I can't come back if nobody remembers me. I can't come back if nobody's afraid. I had to search the bowels of Hell, but I found someone, someone who'll make 'em remember. He may get the blood, but I'll get the glory, and that fear is my ticket home.
- Veteran Friday the 13th actor Kane Hodder who played the part of Jason in the last four Friday the 13th movies offered to reprise his role as Jason Voorhees in this film but was turned down because director Ronny Yu as well as New Line had their own image of what they wanted the Jason character to look like and believed Jason should be gigantically big, and because it was "Freddy Vs Jason," Yu always thought that in this comic book style that he was going to exploit, Jason would be larger than life, almost basketball player like. So Yu wanted an actor who would tower over Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) so he could create a David and Goliath/Popeye and Brutus/King Kong and Godzilla/Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago sort of visual imagery between Freddy and Jason. And Yu felt Hodder was too short for the role and wanted a new actor to play Jason. Also, Yu thought Kane Hodder's eyes were too intense and wanted the Jason character to have more sympathetic, soulful eyes that could reflect pain and loss because Yu wanted Jason to come off as a sad, pathetic, Phantom of the Opera type character. This was the call sheet New Line use for actors trying out for the part of Jason: "20's to late 30's . 6'3" - 6'5". Male, Caucasian. If you've ever participated in the WWE or your chest resembles a bulked up Arnold Schwarzenegger, you need not apply. Jason is not buff, Jason does not weight train. Jason is just BIG. Not fat. Big. We're looking for some classical training here, folks. The Jason that we're going to portray in this film isn't just a machete wielding slasher. He has a lot of EMOTION. What we really need is an actor and or stunt man with poetic eyes, who is good at expressing himself with the slightest of movements. Because, believe it or not, Jason DOES have a sensitive side." Veteran Canadian stunt man Ken Kirzinger, ended up winning the role of Jason Voorhees, but the decision to not have Hodder return disappointed some fans of the genre, while other Friday The 13th fans were quite impressed with Ken Kirzinger's performance as Jason Voorhees and thought he surpassed Kane Hodder.
This was the first Freddy movie not filmed in the United States, and the filmmakers had to search for a new house that would resemble the famous Freddy Krueger/Elm Street house from the first seven "Nightmare" films.
The two stunt performers who doubled for Monica Keena and Jason Ritter melted their wigs because of high heat of fire on the set.
According to Robert Englund his Freddy makeup was so thick that he didn't really know how hot it was from the fires during the filming. When he got in to have his makeup removed, it had literally bonded itself to the side of his face. Freddy's boiler room in the movie was not a built set; it was actually an old boiler room redressed by the crew.
According to writer Mark Swift, producer Robert Shaye seemed a bit more interested in the Freddy side of things which made a huge elimination in their screenplay (and in the film) from the Crystal Lake/Jason side of things.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Lake, Crystal Lake, Slasher ...[more]
Rating: 6.8 out of 10.0 - 53 votes cast total
BURIED HORROR MOVIE REVIEWS
Horror movies, horror movie reviews, fiction reviews, interviews, conventions, horror editorials, special features & alot more from the guys your mom warned you about.
MORTAL KOMBAT NIGHTMARES - WELCOME TO OUR WORLD
Mortal Kombat Nightmares is the premiere source for all that is Mortal Kombat. Complete coverage of the entire MK series.
SCREAM QUEEN OF THE MONTH
Featuring the hottest ladies in horror. From Scream Queens to B-movie Babes, we have them all! The Horror Hotties are here!