Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
A young boy is found wandering without any memory of who he is. A family takes him in and begin to look for clues to help him find his way home. In the meantime, they notice that the boy seems to have certain special abilities, not usually found in kids his age, or even fully-grown adults.
Becoming human was not part of the plan. Now they want to terminate him.
Release Date: June 14, 1985
Runtime: 99 mins
All Genres: Family, Sci-Fi
Country: UK, USA
IMDB Rating: 5.6
Brimstone Pit Rating: 6.6 - (Rate This Horror Movie)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With D
MPAA Rating: PG
Mary Beth Hurt ...Joyce Richardson
Michael McKean ...Andy Richardson
Kathryn Walker ...Dr. Ellen Lamb
Colleen Camp ...Elaine Fox
Josef Sommer ...Dr. Jeffrey Stewart
Ron Frazier ...General Graycliffe
Steve Ryan ...Howie Fox
David Wohl ...Mr. Nesbitt
Danny Corkill ...Turtle Fox
Amy Linker ...Sherie Lee Fox
Barret Oliver ...Daryl
Ed Grady ...Mr. Bergen (as Ed L. Grady)
Tucker McGuire ...Mrs. Bergen
Richard Hammatt ...Dr. Mulligan
Charlie Gudger ...Basketball Kid #1
Stacy Woods ...Basketball Kid #2
Pat Fuleihan ...Woman at Window
Noreen Lange ...Facility Matron
Joseph Reed ...Facility Doctor
Jessica Johnson ...Melanie
Ginny Light ...Plump Woman
Danielle LeMoine ...Trudi
Patrick Branner ...Mart Bennet
Susan West ...Andrea
Benjamin Peterson ...Piano Pupil
Hardy Rawls ...Bull McKenzie
Dalton Poole ...Arkoff
Wayne Shindoll ...Umpire
Sean Hower ...Hannibal
Brian Stafford ...Catcher
» [more cast members]
"SOMEWHERE I BELONG"
More Movie Taglines:
- Becoming human was not part of the plan. Now they want to terminate him.
- He can't be kept a secret any longer...
- The Government created him. Now, they want to destroy him.
- He can fly a jet, race a car and outsmart a computer. The government created him and now they want him destroyed.
- The kid next door is not who
- or what
- he seems to be.
- Data Analyzing Robot Youth Lifeform
- Andy Richardson: Dr. What is this? Dr. Jeffery Stewart: Daryl is not... well he never was completely human. Andy Richardson: What? Dr. Jeffery Stewart: Data Analyzing Robot Youth Lifeform. Daryl is an experiment in artificial intelligence. All I can say is he was never meant to leave here and he was certainly not to be with people like yourself. Turtle Fox: Holy shit! He's a robot? Dr. Jeffery Stewart: He's more than that Turtle. He's a lot more. See this is the information that we program in Daryl's head and this is where he discharges learned information into the main-frame memory banks. Turtle Fox: Wow! Joyce Richardson: I don't believe this. Dr. Jeffery Stewart: No. Look, ask the computer anything you'd like no matter how small. Something that could only be known to you and Daryl. Joyce Richardson: Is this some kind of a joke? Dr. Jeffery Stewart: Oh, no. No I'm afraid not.
Daryl: What IS a hooker?
Dr. Ellen Lamb: General, a machine becomes human when you can't tell the difference anymore.
General Graycliffe: A child with a stick of chewing gum has just rendered your hundred million dollars of hardware useless.
Daryl: Doctor, What am I?
- Daryl's number on the baseball team is 7.
Dr. Lamb says, "General, a machine becomes human when you can't tell the difference anymore." This summarizes the famous Turing Test, devised by Alan Turing, a founder of modern computer theory.
The video game that D.A.R.Y.L. plays is "Pole Position".
D.A.R.Y.L. stands for Data Analysing Robot Youth Lifeform, as shown on a screen in Dr Stewart's laboratory.
The scenes with all of the computers at the military base were filmed in the backstage computer rooms at Walt Disney World's EPCOT Center.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Computer, Suicide, Entire Title Is Capitalized Acronym, Map, Dog ...[more]
Rating: 6.6 out of 10.0 - 71 votes cast total
BURIED HORROR MOVIE REVIEWS
Horror movies, horror movie reviews, fiction reviews, interviews, conventions, horror editorials, special features & alot more from the guys your mom warned you about.
MORTAL KOMBAT NIGHTMARES - WELCOME TO OUR WORLD
Mortal Kombat Nightmares is the premiere source for all that is Mortal Kombat. Complete coverage of the entire MK series.
SCREAM QUEEN OF THE MONTH
Featuring the hottest ladies in horror. From Scream Queens to B-movie Babes, we have them all! The Horror Hotties are here!